I love blogs - not just writing my own (which is more of a headache at times than a pleasure), but reading what other people have to say. Whether it's a blog for the learning and training industry, a food blog, or just something quirky and funny, blogs have become an important part of my daily routine. Not just for the mental break but also for learning what my colleagues are doing and trying.
What I don't want to do, however, is spend time loading web site after web site to read everything. I use the RSS feed from all of the blogs I follow and load the content into Outlook.
- Find a blog you like. Don't know where to start? Think of a topic you like (I love food) and just do a Google search for "Top Food Blogs".
- Visit the blog and look for the RSS icon:
- Right-click on the icon and select Copy Link Location.
- Open Outlook and find the RSS Feeds folder.
- Right-click on the folder and select Add New RSS Feed...
- Pres <Ctrl>V to paste the link that you copied in step 3 and click OK.
- Repeat for every blog you find that you want to read on a regualr basis. Every time one of your blogs adds a new post, the new content will automatically be brought into Outlook.