Explore, Experience, Engage, Emerge
Sophomore Year: EXPERIENCE
- Check in with your career advisor and revise and update your resume if needed. Continue your career exploration and research. Add to your professional online presence by creating a LinkedIn profile.
- Connect with alumni and other community members to complete informational interviews and job shadowing experiences to learn more your projected career path and feel more confident in your decisions.
- Talk to us about finding a mentor through the Benedictine University Mentorship Program.
- Pursue leadership roles in co-curricular activities such as student organizations and volunteer efforts.
- Seek part-time employment in a professional environment. Look at student employment opportunities on campus or other opportunities off campus through the two virtual career centers.
- Declare your major. If you aren't certain about selecting a major, make an appointment to complete a career assessment through your academic advisor and with ACE.
- Research and start to apply for externships and internships.
- Look into additional experiential learning opportunities, such as study abroad.