For decades the University has had the policy of using a committee to write letters of recommendation for medical, dental, occupational therapy, optometry, pharmacy (4 yr), physical therapy, physician's assistant, podiatry and veterinary medicine professional schools.
PLEASE DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST WEEK TO SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW!
The Committee members will have sign up sheets posted on their doors during the application period. The names of the members are:
- Ms. Jane Boumgarden (Sociology & Psychology - SH 228A)
- Dr. Cheryl Mascarenhas (Chemistry - BK 323)
- Dr. Phil Novack-Gottshall (Biology - BK 332)
- Ms. Alice Sima (Pre-Professional Health Programs - BK 322)
- Dr. Mike Winkler (Chemistry - BK 321)
- Dr. Monica Tischler (Biology - BK 333), Chairperson
You will need to schedule appointments with all of the committee members, including Dr. Tischler. After your interviews are completed, the committee will meet to discuss your application. You will be contacted via email that the committee has met. At that time, you will need to schedule another brief appointment with Dr. Tischler to discuss your letter and career choice.
Updated January 10, 2013