Full-page ad in program. Invited to podium. Featured in continuous scrolling PowerPoint. Prominent display of sponsor’s logo at event. Prominent display of sponsor’s logo in print advertising. Prominent display of name and logo on website with link to sponsor’s website.and 24 tickets to the event.
Half-page ad in program. Featured in continuous scrolling PowerPoint. Prominent display of sponsor’s logo in print advertising. Prominent display of name and logo on website with link to sponsor’s website. and 16 tickets to the event.
Featured in continuous scrolling PowerPoint. Listing in event program. and eight tickets to the event.
Listing in event program and four tickets to the event.
Kathy Hopinkah Hannan, Ph.D.'16,
Global Lead Partner, KPMG & Chairman of Board of Girl Scouts of America
Kathy Hopinkah Hannan, CPA, Ph.D.
Global Lead Partner, KPMG LLP
Chairman and National President of the Board GSUSA
Kathy's tenure in the accounting profession reflects over 30 years of expertise with a series of leadership roles within KPMG, including Managing Partner-Tax, Vice Chair of HR, CDO. CCRO, Chair of the Diversity Advisory Board, Founder and Chair of the Women's Advisory Board and Board member of the KPMG Foundation. As a senior partner, she currently works with the Board Leadership Center to broaden governance discussions regarding business and society. Kathy is a member of the Advisory Board for the Women Corporate Directors Foundation that promotes and strengthens women in the boardroom and is the co-chair of the thought leadership committee. She is the Chairman of the Board and National President of the Girl Scouts of the USA.
Kathy has received recognition from numerous civic organizations and is a frequent speaker at various corporate and civic events regarding ethics, leadership, governance, diversity, sustainability and corporate responsibility.
Chapa LaVia was born and raised in Aurora, Illinois. She graduated from East
Aurora High School and was the first in her family to complete college, earning
her Bachelor's Degree from the University of Illinois at Chicago. She is in her
sixth term as a member of the Illinois General Assembly.
While in college, Linda honed her leadership skills as a cadet in ROTC, completing basic training in 1988 and serving as a commissioned officer in the US Army until 1993. She continued her service in the National Guard until 1997 and is currently on Inactive Ready Reserve.
As a licensed real estate broker with Kettley Real Estate in Aurora, IL and a local business owner, Linda has long sought to promote economic development opportunities in her community.
Linda's leadership, energy and passion for service are not confined to her success as a businesswoman but also with an eye to improving the quality of life in the entire community. Linda currently serves on seven House committees including serving as the chairwoman for the Elementary & Secondary Education committee and the Chairwoman of Veteran's Affairs in the Illinois House of Representatives.
Linda brings her work ethic, energy and passion for community service to the job of State Representative. She is working to provide a voice in Springfield for all residents by working toward excellence in education, safer streets and quality healthcare for families and seniors. She will use her life experience to promote a strong business climate for a strong community. She has received numerous reconditions thought her tenure in the Illinois General Assembly.
Linda and her husband Vernon have two daughters, Veronica and Jacqueline. The 83rd District includes all of Aurora and parts of North Aurora.
Socially-conscious international business leader dedicated to improving the world by leveraging experience from corporate and social change sectors. Named to the inaugural list of The Blue Network (developed by Chicago Tribune's Blue Sky Innovation) comprised of Chicago's technology and innovation leaders.
YWCA Metropolitan Chicgao
· YWCA Metropolitan Chicago is the third largest YWCA in the U.S., serving as a leading association in revenue ($12M) and impact (200,000 constituents)
· Recognized for developing innovative programs/services and digital engagement of constituents as part of Chicago Tribune's Blue Sky Innovation: The Blue Network
· Launched new programs that have helped position women for well-paying jobs in high-growth industries like utility construction (CONSTRUCT) and web and mobile application development (3d:Developing Digital Diversity)
· Created new business model to fuel revenue growth for the organization. Reduced operating deficit by 80% within first two years by increasing revenue and making strategic investments.
· Increased digital profile of the organization by over 100% (social media usage, traditional media coverage)
· Developed proprietary e-commerce site (YShop) launched May 1, 2015 with over 7,000 unique visitors in first year.
Crowe Horwath LLP
· Partner at Crowe Horwath LLP (top ten public accounting firm) within Risk Consulting Business Unit (i.e. Corporate Governance, Enterprise Risk Management, and Internal Audit consulting)
· Responsible for Risk Consulting Chicago Geography, including people engagement (over 100 professionals) and market development (revenues over $30 million)
· Developed and managed client relationships, targeting organizations with revenues greater than $1 Billion
· Delivered client solutions for Corporate Governance, Enterprise Risk Management, and Internal Audit consulting engagements
· Developed and delivered Risk Consulting Business Plan training for Crowe Horwath International affiliates (over 100 affiliates, representing 40 countries)
· Developed and delivered Firm sales training for Chicago-based partners to grow geography sales
· Developed methodology and processes to provide accountability, oversight, and reporting for organizations receiving funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (i.e. "Recovery Act")
· Participated in Firm-wide initiatives, including: diversity and inclusion People Resource Networks and Women Into Leadership
Director, Internal Audit, Controls and Compliance, July 2006 to December 2007, Kenosha, WI
· Responsible for internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance worldwide for $3 billion publicly traded, global organization (revenues 50% international)
· Improved effectiveness of internal audit function by implementing best practices for: 1)employee performance management; 2) supplier management; and 3) internal audit service delivery, measured by increase in quality deliverables and internal audit department cost reduction
· Implemented initiatives to improve SOX compliance process resulting in 25% cost reduction
· Developed and implemented strategy to transform the internal audit department, improving balance between value-added business process reviews and compliance projects
· Collaborated with business process owners to design controls within new ERP system environment as an integral member of implementation team
· Supervised and managed internal audit department personnel and managed relationship with co-source providers for internal audit services
· Collaborated closely with external auditors to improve overall audit efficiency
· Reported directly to Chief Financial Officer and Audit Committee of the Board of Directors
· Prepared and provided Audit Committee communications, including establishing a communication website and presenting internal audit function results during Audit Committee meetings
· Performed internal audit department administration, including budgeting/forecasting, personnel performance management, etc.
· Collaborated with senior management and Audit Committee to conduct risk assessments and quarterly business reviews
· Received lean process improvement certification through Rapid Continuous Improvement (RCI) initiative
Crowe Chizek and Company LLC
· Recruited by Crowe Chizek to assist in expansion of the Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Audit Services Practice (annual revenues increased by over $30 million)
· Developed methodology and tools to deliver a range of solutions including: Corporate Governance, Enterprise Risk Management, Sarbanes-Oxley Consulting, and Internal Audit
· Supervised over $3 million in fees for client services
· Developed and managed executive management relationships for services provided to clients in a variety of industries, including: manufacturing, distribution, healthcare, real-estate, and auto dealership
· Lead the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) competency center to develop solutions, methodology, tools and training
· Lead the Risk and Performance Services practice Healthcare Industry Segment
· Collaborated with Marketing Group to develop healthcare industry marketing campaign and coordinate other marketing activities, e.g. professional association sponsorships, white papers, etc.
· Mentored/coached personnel within Risk and Performance Services practice and personnel within other business units
· Core member of Firm-Wide change management teams, including Diversity Task Force and Women into Leadership (WIL)
Catholic Healthcare Audit Network (CHAN)
· Provided internal auditing and consulting services to St. Francis Hospital (a hospital within the SSM Healthcare System)
· Performed the role of internal audit director at St. Francis Hospital and managed relationships with St. Francis Hospital's executive management team
· Participated on work teams at the client (St. Francis Hospital), including the SAP Implementation Team, Expense Reduction Team, Revenue Enhancement Team, and the Data Integrity Team
· Developed CHAN's Control Self-Assessment (CSA) methodology in conjunction with the CSA work team, and provided on-going support to over 200 CHAN auditors
Booz-Allen & Hamilton
· Provided management consulting services for the modernization and reorganization of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), an agency of the U.S. Department of Treasury, responsibilities included: assessing senior management needs and developing appropriate strategies and recommendations to meet identified needs
· Served as the project lead for developing and implementing a strategic workforce planning framework for the largest operating division of the IRS
· Responsible for project management of workforce planning project, including: managing client relationships, developing work plans, managing staff time, developing communication plans, and developing deliverables and executive presentations
Arthur Andersen, LLP
· Significantly contributed to the development and delivery of business solutions, including business process reviews, comprehensive risk assessments and internal audit services to Fortune 1000 clients
· Worked with client senior executive management and Board members to conduct enterprise-wide risk assessments to determine the significant issues facing an organization and to identify the critical processes within the organization
· Developed and instructed training classes for Firm‑wide and internal audit services' tools and methodologies, including piloting programs to test and improve internal audit services' tools and methodology
Certified Public Accountant (CPA); Certified Global Management Accountant (CGMA); Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP); Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
Kellogg School of Management
Master of Business Administration, 2009
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Bachelor of Business Administration, 1995
Majors: Accounting; Management
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA): Board of Directors (2013–Present) – Finance Committee Member; Governing Council Member at Large (2009–Present); National Accreditation Commission (2011-2013); Minority Initiatives Committee (2008-2011)
Boardroom Bound – Lifetime Chicago Regional Friend; Board Referral Council
Chicago Finance Exchange – Board Member (2009-Present); Branding and Communications Chair (2012-2013); Program Committee Member, Co-Chair (2009-2011); Membership Committee Member; Philanthropy Committee Member
Economics Club of Chicago – Member
Executives Club of Chicago – Leadership Circle Advisory Board Chair (2013); Nominating Committee Chair (2015); Membership Committee Co-Chair; Program Committee Chair (2012)
Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), Chicago Chapter
National Association of Black Accountants (NABA), Chicago Chapter Corporate Advisory Board Member
AWARDS & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Athena International - Young Professional Leadership Award, 2010
Chicago Architecture Foundation – Board Member (2009-2014); Community Strategy Committee Chair (2012-2014); Governance Committee Vice-Chair (2009-2011); Finance Committee Member
Chicago Child Care Society – Board President (2012-Present); Resource Development Committee Chair (2009-2012)
Chicago United Business Leader of Color, 2009 Honoree
Diversity MBA Magazine, Top 100 Under 50 Executive Leader, 2009 Recipient
Illinois CPA Society, Outstanding Leadership in Advancing Diversity Award, 2010
Make-A-Wish Foundation of Illinois, Board Member, Treasurer and Finance Committee Chair
Museum of Science and Industry, President's Council Member
New Perspectives Magazine, 2004 Contributing Author of the Year Award
Roosevelt University, Walter E. Heller College of Business Administration, Advisory Council
Washington Park High School Hall of Fame, Racine, WI, 2007 Inductee
YWCA of Metropolitan Chicago – Board of Directors (2005-2013), Vice President-Development (2010-2013); Audit Committee, Chair (2006-2010)