About the Benedictine University Alumni Association
The Benedictine University Alumni Association maintains involvement, support and commitment to Benedictine University, its students and most importantly, its alumni.
The history of the Alumni Association can be traced as far back as 1923 when a provisional constitution, by-laws and rules were approved and sent to all alumni. The loyalty and pride of the Benedictine Alumni base is unwavering and simply cannot be matched.
During the years prior to the formation, many alumni gave countless hours to structuring the organization, drafting the By-Laws, and funding the initial years. The very first Board of Directors of the Alumni Association was a reflection of those that selfishly gave their time for the betterment of the University through creating the Alumni Association.
The purpose of the Alumni Association as stated in its By-Laws is to advocate for the needs and goals of current and future alumni and to promote a continuing and mutually beneficial relationship between alumni and the University. The Alumni Association serves as a voice on ideas and needs of Benedictine's numerous alumni. Membership in the Association is open to all graduates of Benedictine University, Illinois Benedictine College, and St. Procopius College (Academy/Seminary).
The Benedictine University Alumni Board of Directors establishes the overall strategic direction for the Alumni Association, represents the Association within the University community, and provides advice and counsel to the staff. The Board strives to represent the diversity of the Alumni Association's membership. The Board holds four meetings, one each quarter including an Annual Meeting in May. The Board meetings are integral in developing, organizing and creating the vision and future of the Alumni Association's mission to serve, connect and represent our alumni.