The BenCard is Benedictine University’s faculty, staff and student identification card. Every Benedictine student, faculty and staff member is issued a BenCard, which serves as your official University photo identification card – plus a whole lot more!
|Example of Student BenCard||Example of Faculty/Staff BenCard|
The BenCard is required as identification when using University facilities or participating in University-sponsored events. For students, the BenCard is your key to campus living.
Use your BenCard in the following ways:
- As a library card to access electronic resources and check out materials at the Benedictine University Library
- To eat in the Krasa Dining Room, the Coal Ben and the Kindlon Coffee Shop.
- To gain admittance to your residence hall (resident students only).
- To perform banking functions at any Plus ATM merchant nationwide when you activate our BenCard to become your U.S. Bank ATM card.
- At the Barnes & Noble at Benedictine University bookstore as a debit card if your BenCard is linked to your U.S. Bank checking account.
- For students, faculty and staff to gain access to the Benedictine University Fitness Center.
- To gain admittance to the Moser Center (Moser Center faculty and staff only).
You MUST bring your driver’s license and show it to the University Police for verification when picking up your BenCard.
All students, faculty and staff must have their PeopleSoft ID number with them when picking up a BenCard.
Students should contact Enrollment Services at (630) 829-6500 if an ID number is needed.
On-line students can send an e-mail to Publicsafety@ben.edu with their name, address, student ID number, and a photo (just a head shot) in the jpeg format. The BenCard will be mailed to the student within 3-4 days.
The BenCard is yours to use, but it remains the property of Benedictine University. The card may be used for such purposes as the University designates and may be revoked at any time. It is not transferable under any condition and should not be used by any other individual at any time. This card must be carried at all times while on University property. The card must be presented and/or surrendered upon demand by University officials; failure to do so, lending of this card to anyone, or other misuse, is a violation of this policy and may result in suspension of the card. The card is void upon termination of enrollment and/or employment.
If your BenCard is lost, there is a University Police reprinting fee/replacement cost of $50 for resident student cards and $10 for all other cards.
Community members invited to holiday open house at Benedictine
Read More >>
November 25, 2013
“Advent at the Abbey” celebrates the season as a good time to listen
Read More >>
November 18, 2013
Santa and Mrs. Claus invite area children to join them for breakfast
Read More >>