Student Life Complaint/Satisfaction Process
Your concerns are important to us. If you encounter a problem involving the application of a Benedictine University policy or procedure or have any other dispute with the University that you cannot resolve informally and which adversely impacts you, you may file a complaint in writing.
For the purpose of this process, a "Complaint" is an expression of dissatisfaction concerning, a University employee, department, service, or process, or a University administrative action, that requires clarification, investigation and/or resolution.
- A complaint must be made in writing, preferably using the Complaint Form below.
- It is important to report complaints promptly and to include a short and concise statement of all the relevant facts and the action or remedy you are requesting so that an investigation can be completed and a resolution achieved.
- Complaints must be filed within 15 business days from the date of the action or occurrence which is the subject of the complaint.
- The Office of Student Life will assign a tracking number to the complaint and acknowledge its receipt using the contact information you have provided on the Complaint Form.
- The Office of Student Life reviews each complaint to determine if it is one upon which action should be taken. If the complaint is properly the subject of the academic or financial appeals processes, or is a question of academic discretion, the complaint will be dismissed without further action.
- The Office of Student Life refers complaints requiring further action to the appropriate academic or administrative official (typically, a Dean or Director, or another appropriate administrator whom they have designated) for investigation and resolution.
- Within 10 business days after receiving a complaint, the Office of Student Life will advise the student in writing either (a) that it has referred the complaint to an administrator for investigation and resolution, and to whom the complaint was referred, or (b) that it has dismissed the complaint and the reason for the dismissal.
- An administrator to whom a complaint has been referred has 20 business days from the date of the referral to investigate and address the complaint. During the investigation and resolution process the administrator will communicate directly with the student who has filed the complaint. At the conclusion of the investigation and resolution the administrator will notify the student and the Office of Student Life in writing of the results of the investigation and the resolution of the complaint.
- The Office of Student Life may extend the investigation period beyond 20 business days by notifying, in writing, the student who filed the complaint, using the contact information provided on the Complaint Form.
- A complaint may be dismissed without further action if the student fails to cooperate in the investigation.
NOTE: Dealing with concerns in the most direct and honest fashion should always be the first step toward resolution. Many problems are resolved when one makes an appointment with a faculty or staff member and calmly and honestly communicates their concerns.
Complete the Complaint Form. Please be as specific as possible when discussing concerns and when providing names, dates and locations. Note: you must press the "confirm" button after you have submitted your information.
NOTE FOR STUDENTS OF THE MESA, ARIZONA BRANCH CAMPUS: IF THE COMPLAINT CANNOT BE RESOLVED AFTER EXHAUSTING THE INSTITUTION’S GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE, THE STUDENT MAY FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE ARIZONA STATE BOARD FOR PRIVATE POSTSECONDARY EDUCATION. THE STUDENT MUST CONTACT THE STATE BOARD FOR FURTHER DETAILS. THE STATE BOARD’S MAILING ADDRESS IS 1400 W. WASHINGTON STREET, ROOM 260, PHOENIX, AZ 85007, ITS TELEPHONE NUMBER IS 602-542-5709, AND ITS WEBSITE ADDRESS IS HTTP://AZPPSE.STATE.AZ.US
Please be as specific as possible when discussing concerns. Note: you must hit the "confirm" button after you have submitted your information.
Basketball camp gives youngsters the chance to learn, create friendships
Read More >>
May 20, 2013
Graduates seeking jobs must attend to all details, utilize collegiate career services
Read More >>
May 16, 2013
Instructors to share survival tips, demonstrations at Benedictine
Read More >>