The on-campus Master of Science in Accountancy program at Benedictine University in Lisle, IL is structured for individuals who have a business-related undergraduate degree but little previous study or experience in accounting. Those individuals are seeking to enhance their career through mentorship, networking and portfolio enhancement. Our curriculum provides an integrated sequence of courses at the graduate level that emphasize the skills and proficiencies of a professional accountant. Our curriculum also offers the background necessary to prepare candidates who wish to take the United States Uniform Certified Public Accountant (C.P.A.) examination, the Certified Management Accountant (C.M.A.) examination and the Certified Internal Auditor (C.I.A.) examination.
Benefits of the Program:
- Gain a deep and broad understanding of principles and management practices in the accounting field through our integrated curriculum.
- Develop long term relationships with faculty members that are active practitioners.
- Learn more than accounting with our program's emphasis on leadership and ethics.
- Specialize in a niche area of accounting like forensic accounting, tax accounting and auditing.
- Prepare for the CPA exam.
Our curriculum requires 64 quarter credit hours of graduate course work and can be broken into four primary sections:
- Managerial Process: four courses focused on management skills & knowledge necessary for those students seeking managerial positions in accounting
- Core Accounting Competency: five courses focused on U.S. accounting standards
- Advanced Accounting Topics: four courses focused on in depth concepts, theories and issues in accounting
- Electives: students are required to choose three elective courses suited to their personal or professional interests. An optional concentration can be earned in three specialize areas.
Additionally, the M.S. in Accountancy program is offered in a fully online format. Details can be found at https://online.ben.edu/programs/msa