BenU Faculty since 2004
Ph.D., University of Connecticut Health Center (2004)
B.S., Benedictine University (1998)
Genetics, rDNA Lab, Neurobiology and Cell/Molecular Biology Lab
Aging, Genomics and Bioinformatics, Drosophila, RNA Processing
Peer-Reviewed Publications Undergraduate students are underlined.
- G. Garber, L.A. Smith, R.A. Reenan, and B. Rogina. “Effect of sodium channel abundance on Drosophila, development, reproductive capacity and aging.” Fly 6(1):2012: 57-67. http://dx.doi.org/10.4161/fly.18570.
- Lee Ann Smith, Ishtiaq Habib, Stephanie Shirkey, Brian Talon, Alexander Milne, and Jeremy Nadolski. “Sexual dimorphism in the effect of a taurine supplemented diet on life span in adult Drosophila melanogaster.” International Journal of Zoological Research. (2011). 7(1):34-48. DOI:10.3923/ijzr.2011.
- Jeremy Nadolski and Lee Ann Smith. “Combining Efforts to Encourage Student Research in Collaborative Quantitative Fields.” PRIMUS (Problems, Resources, and Issues in Mathematics Undergraduate Studies) (2010). 20(3): 228-44.
- L. Smith, J. Gross, and D.K. Morest . “Fibroblast growth factors (FGFs) in the cochlear nucleus of the adult mouse following acoustic overstimulation.” Hearing Research 2002 Jul;169(1-2):1-12.
- J. Nadolski, L. A. Smith and P. Marquez. “Stalactite Plot for Outlier Detection in the Presence of a Computationally Singular Covariance Matrix.” 2007 Proceedings of the American Statistical Association, Section on Statistical Computing, [CD-ROM], Alexandria, VA; American Statistical Association. Pages 1892-94.