Students having questions should contact the Student Advising Center at 630-829-1120
If you are seeking employment, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 630-829-6020
CURRENT FACULTY ACADEMIC ADVISING
Alice Sima, MSN, MBA, RN, is the Current Faculty Liaison for Advising.
She is available for academic advising questions or concerns in the Birck 322. She can also be reached via email at email@example.com or telephone at 630-829-6585.
STATEMENT ON ACADEMIC ADVISING
At Benedictine University academic advising is grounded in Benedictine values and the University mission. It is an interactive process between the advisor and student and is supported by technology. The goal is to promote each student's academic, career and personal development.
Faculty and staff are committed to creating a decision-making framework through which students can identify and realize their educational goals. Although academic advising is a collaborative function of both student and advisor, the final responsibility for satisfying University and major requirements rests with the student.
The student actively participates in the educational decision-making process.
- Become knowledgeable of all the University's academic requirements, policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain a plan for a course of study
- Keep an accurate record of academic activities and documents
- Value the role of the advisor by preparing for and keeping advising appointments
- Initiate and maintain open and honest communication with the advisor
- Access additional University resources to facilitate the decision making process
The advisor listens to and guides the student through the educational decision making process.
- Foster the student's sense of responsibility for his/her academic progress
- Help the student obtain accurate information about educational and career options, academic requirements, policies and procedures
- Help the student plan and monitor an educational program consistent with individual interests and abilities
- Assist the student in maintaining an accurate record of course registrations and completions
- Be available on a scheduled basis for academic consultation and advice
- Refer the student to appropriate University resources