Students are the lifeblood of any university. Through the collaborative efforts of our various offices, we help students make informed choices about continuing their education. We provide a welcoming atmosphere that reflects the best of the Benedictine values of hospitality and a concern for the development of each individual.
On behalf of the entire Benedictine University community we, in the New Student Advising Center, would like to extend a very warm welcome to you! We are very proud that you have chosen Benedictine as the next step in your education. Now that you have been admitted to the university and decided to make your transfer we would like to guide you through the next steps of becoming an official Eagle.
- Contact Your Admission Counselor - To begin the process of transferring your academic information into the New Student Advising Center you must inform your admission counselor that you have officially chosen to enroll at Benedictine. Once you have informed the Admissions Office of your decision the final steps of this process will begin.
- Send in your most updated transcripts – To give both you and your advisor the most complete picture of what coursework will transfer to Benedictine as well as what you will have left to complete please be sure to provide us with the most up-to-date version of your transcripts. Our team of evaluators will then inform us of any and all transferable credit you will bring to the university.
- Make sure your Financial Aid is in order – Continue to work with your admission counselor and the Office of Financial Aid to ensure that you and your family have completed all of the necessary steps in this process. Unfortunately, we in the New Student Advising Center are not well equipped to answer financial questions but if you are confused as to whom you should turn let us know and we will be sure to point you in the right direction.
- Wait for our call – As soon as we receive your file from the Admissions Office we will contact you to schedule an advising meeting. We always to contact you within 24 hours of receiving your file so you should hear from us very quickly.
What You Should Do Before Your Advising Appointment
- Familiarize yourself with the majors and courses available to you:
- Come up with specific questions for your academic advisor
What To Expect From Your Advising Appointment
- Review transfer credit reports
- Create a plan to work toward graduation
- Register for classes
- Learn how to navigate Benedictine University’s electronic resources
Basketball camp gives youngsters the chance to learn, create friendships
Read More >>
May 20, 2013
Graduates seeking jobs must attend to all details, utilize collegiate career services
Read More >>
May 16, 2013
Instructors to share survival tips, demonstrations at Benedictine
Read More >>