Interlibrary loan (ILL) is just what it sounds like: the loaning of items between libraries.
ILL allows you to request books or articles that you can't find in the Benedictine University Library collection. We can almost always get you what you need at no cost to you - all you have to do is ask!
- Before placing a request, check that Benedictine University Library does not own it.
- If we do not own the item:
- check I-Share to locate books and media in other Illinois libraries
- request articles via ILLiad
- Requests are taken from approved borrowers (current students, Benedictine faculty and staff, Monks of St. Procopius
Abbey and Sisters of Sacred Heart Convent whose library accounts are not
suspended for lost items or library fees).
- Every request is filled as quickly as possible. Items are subject to availability.
- Email notification when the requested item is available.
- If your request has not been filled within 10 days contact the Interlibrary Loan Department.
- You can use your BenCard to check out eligible materials in person at any I-Share institution.