The Benedictine University Library is a primary source for the academic success of our students and faculty and is integral to the future direction of the University.
The Benedictine University Library directly supports the academic mission of the University through selecting, curating, creating, preserving, and providing anytime access to digital and physical resources and through providing the finest in-person and virtual support and services to all of our regional and global Library constituents.
In 1901, the Benedictine University Library, then called the St. Procopius College Library, moved from its Chicago location to Benedictine Hall on the Lisle campus. Over the next 60 years, the collection grew from 7,000 volumes to more than 40,000 volumes, prompting the need for a new facility. In 1963, the Library moved to its new home, the Theodore Lownik Library, where it resided for nearly 40 years.
In 2001, the Library moved to its present-day Lisle campus location in Kindlon Hall. Since then, the Library has opened a branch location on the Mesa campus. Today, the Library provides access to more than 200,000 volumes and serves students, faculty, and staff around the world.