Archives and Special Collections
- In order to protect our materials, we ask researchers to follow these rules:
- You must register with the Archives & Special Collections librarian when you enter the reading room and provide a valid Benedictine ID, U.S. driver's license or state ID, or passport.
- Please enjoy your food and drinks in the other areas of the library before or after your visit. No food and drinks permitted in the reading room because they can damage materials.
- Please leave all coats and bags, including laptop cases, with the librarian. Only appropriate research tools (notebooks, pencils, laptop computers, digital cameras) may be brought into the room.
- Be gentle with materials and keep documents in the order in which you find them.
- Do not mark any materials and use only pencils for taking written notes.
- Copying will be done by archives staff unless permission is given by the archivist. Due to the fragility of some materials, the archivist reserves the right to refuse copy requests.
- Please check with the archivist before taking photos or scanning material. Some materials may have restrictions on their use.
- If you plan to use an image or excerpt in a print or Web publication (including research papers, articles, and blogs or other social media), you must contact the librarian.
- Interested in making some copies of our items or using images and excerpts in your work? Refer to our policies regarding Duplication and Releasing of Media.