Request a Library Instruction Session
We welcome the opportunity to talk to your undergraduate or graduate class. To schedule a library instruction session, contact your liaison librarian.
Include preferred dates, class size, instruction type, and what you would like us to cover. Please give us a minimum of two weeks to prepare for your class. Note that we prearrange all WRIT 101, 102, and 104 library instruction sessions with the Writing Program Director.
Types of Library Instruction
In-Class Library Instruction
- General orientation
- Discipline-specific session
- Assignment-specific session
- Resource-specific training session
- Research-based assignment session
Individual Consultations (on-site or virtual)
- Research assistance and development
- Search strategy development
- Librarian designs an assignment for your students that involves research using Library resources
Course-Specific Research Guides
- Librarian compiles relevant library resources and services in a publicly-accessible guide designed to help your students with their research.