Faculty Resource Request Forms
Placing items on reserve
The Benedictine Library will hold single or multiple copies of materials on reserve for instructors, providing all reserve and copyright guidelines are met (see below). Requests must be delivered to the library at least one full business day before the items are expected to be available (i.e., Monday by noon will be available by Tuesday noon; Friday at 4:00 will be available by 4:00pm on Monday). Please inform students of this processing time if reserve readings are assigned before they have been placed on reserve. Processing time at the beginning of the semester may be longer due to the volume of requests.
All items are placed for the current term only. Items can be placed on reserve for the following time increments:
Items may only have one loan period - it cannot change through the class term.
- In-Library Use Only (2 hour reserve)
- In-Library Use Only (3 hour reserve, used primarily for videos)
- One day checkout
- Three day checkout
- One week checkout
To place an item on reserve:
For additional details on reserves please see the Reserves and Copyright policies (PDF). Send any questions or concerns about reserves to the Circulation Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (630) 829-6050.
- Fill out a Reserve Request Form (Microsoft Word format) for each item. Multiple copies of identical items can be placed on a single form.
- For personal items, bring the form and items to the Circulation Desk.
- For books, articles or other items owned by the Benedictine Library, e-mail email@example.com or bring the form to the Circulation Desk, and library staff will pull the item for you. Before sending requests for Benedictine Library materials, check that that the online catalog shows the items as available.
- Keep in mind that the library can not place items on reserve from other libraries.
SpringfieldCharles E. Becker Library
1500 North Fifth Street
Springfield, IL 62702
(217) 525-1420 ext. 235