The Four-Year Plan: Explore, Experience, Engage, Emerge
Freshman Year: EXPLORE
- Make an appointment with a representative from the John O. Whiteman Student Success Center to get acquainted with our services and resources.
- Learn about the Benedictine Virtual Career Center and Career Assessment opportunities available to you.
Examine your interests, values, skills and personality in relation to potential occupations and professional activities by completing a career assessment, such as the FOCUS 2 online assessment.
- Research career fields and occupations to determine what might be the best fit for you.
Start a resume and cover letter to apply for on-campus student employment or a part-time job elsewhere in the community.
- Experience a variety of academic courses to help determine your areas of interest.
Get involved with student groups and organizations, sports or in the community.
- Participate in job shadowing opportunities to gain exposure to your career field of interest. This will help you learn more about your projected career path and feel confident about your decisions.