Who: Students entering grades 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 in Fall 2014
When: June 23-26, 2014
Where: Benedictine University - Lisle, Illinois
Time: 9:00 a.m. — 3:00 p.m. daily
What will I do at Benedictine University Sleuths 2014?
- Learn how to search for solutions to a real-world problem.
- Learn communications skills with peers.
- Gather information from experts, experiments, the Internet, and other resources.
- Present a solution to experts.
- Meet new friends and have fun!
What problems have previously been solved?
- What causes malformed frogs, and are there any in Illinois?
- Under what conditions might we send teens into space?
- What role will alternative fuel vehicles play in future transportations?
- How can we responsibly dispose of electronic waste?
- How can we modify the phone numbering system for the future?
How do I register for Benedictine University Sleuths?
This year a $25 fee has been instituted. It will cover the cost of registration and four (4) lunches in the University café.
What did previous Sleuth participants like about the program?
- I solved a very hard and realistic problem.
- In Benedictine University Sleuths we were working together and had fun thinking.
- I loved this course and it was worth the time. I got a lot of experience out of this and the coaches were great.
- We worked on things that are important and were in a place where it is okay to be smart.
“My daughter remained very interested and enthusiastic for the whole session and would like to attend many more like this in the future.” - Sleuths Parent