Spring 2016 Registration will begin on Nov 2nd. All students must meet with their academic advisor prior to registering for classes. If you don't meet with your advisor, you will have an advising hold on your account which will prevent any registration activity. Group advising sessions for freshman will be held for certain majors. If you are in the following majors, please take note of your meeting times. If your major is not listed below, then you must set up an individual appointment with your academic advisor.
Group Advising Sessions
· College of Science Majors – October 22nd OR October 27th from 12:30-1:20pm in Scholl 101
· College of Business Majors –October 20th from 12:30-1:20pm in Goodwin Hall 110
· College of Education Majors – October 27th from 12:30-1:20pm in Kindlon 135
· Psychology/Sociology and Criminal Justice Majors –October 29 from 12:30-1:20pm in Scholl 101
· Nutrition Majors –October 27th from 12:30-1:20pm in Kindlon 134
Don't forget to double check your MyBenU account to make sure that there are no holds on your student account. A hold will prevent registration from taking place. Here are a list of holds and the specific offices offering assistance:
Please contact your advisor if you have any questions.
At Benedictine University academic advising is grounded in Benedictine values and the University mission. It is an interactive process between the advisor and student and is supported by technology. The goal is to promote each student's academic, career and personal development.
Faculty and staff are committed to creating a decision-making framework through which students can identify and realize their educational goals. Although academic advising is a collaborative function of both student and advisor, the final responsibility for satisfying University and major requirements rests with the student.
The student actively participates in the educational decision-making process.