- Contact Special Services as early in the
semester as possible.
- Complete the Request for Accommodations Form.
- Provide documentation of the disability.
- The disability documentation is reviewed by the
Accommodations Review Committee.
- If accommodations are approved an
"Accommodations Card" is issued to the student.
- It is the student's responsibility to show their
Accommodations Card and discuss their accommodations with their instructors.
- In the event accommodations are denied, the
student can petition the Academic Grievance Committee.
based on each individual's documentation and circumstances. Some of the more common services granted are:
- Extended Testing Time
Separate and quiet testing space
Note taking assistance
Books and materials in alternate formats
Learning Success Plan-Individualized action plan towards
improved academic experience.
To request an appointment or for further information please contact
Sonja Bowers, Coordinator of Special Services 217-717-9253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.