FUTURE, WEEKLY, & DAILY EVENTS WITH CAREER DEVELOPMENT, 2015-2016
Careers in Science Panel, April 28, 2016 in Birck, 112 (Tellabs) 12:30 - 1:20 P.M.
Interested in what you can do with a science degree from Benedictine University? Come and listen to BenU Alumni talk about their experiences from being a High School Biology teacher to a Director of Research, Development and Engineering and more! For more information about our panelist click here
CAREER DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS, offered daily from 12:30 - 1:15 PM, in the Career Development Technology Center, Krasa 012 (unless otherwise marked). This schedule is subject to change; please check with Career Development staff for potential changes and the most up-to-date schedule. For more information about our workshops click here.
April Workshop Schedule
- Tuesday, Apr. 5: Resume & Cover Letter Writing
- Wednesday, Apr. 6: Resume & Cover Letter Writing
- Thursday, Apr. 7: Navigating a Job Fair
- Tuesday, Apr. 12: Navigating a Job Fair
- Wednesday, Apr. 13: Navigating a Job Fair
- Wednesday, Apr. 20: Networking 101 & Job Search Strategies
- Thursday, Apr. 21: Land the Perfect Internship!
- Tuesday, Apr. 26: Resume & Cover Letter Writing
- Wednesday, Apr. 27: Nail the Interview - Strategies for Success
Need assistance with resume or cover letter writing? Curious about any other program or service offered through Career Development? Drop in during our daily walk-in hours, Monday through Friday. No appointment is needed during the walk-in periods.
SPRING 2016 DAILY WALK-IN SCHEDULE:
Monday: 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.Tuesday: 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.Wednesday: 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
See below and stay tuned for more career development related events happening in and around our community!
Executive Status Network
This community networking group meets the first Monday of each month on Benedictine University's campus from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. The Executive Status Network is a job searching networking group. Their members include business professionals from varied backgrounds who are employed or seeking employment. A typical member would be a manager, technical specialist or business professional who is accustomed to leadership responsibilities. The purpose is to enhance job search capabilities by sharing information with other members.
- Serving the Western suburbs for nearly 20 years
- Open to all work disciplines and levels
- Focus on getting participants (unemployed or underemployed) moving in the right direction
- Provide an understanding of today's search tools (elevator speech, handbill, local job clubs and other resources)
For more information and to RSVP for the next event, please email Mr. Allan Larson
, the event facilitator, or call the Career Development office at 630.829.6041.
Looking for more community events to expand your professional network? Download this list
of area job clubs and networking groups. If one looks interesting to you, be sure to call ahead of time as contact information may have changed.
Be sure to join us the next time we offer these great opportunities, and stay tuned for more details on...
- Student Employment Fair - held in the fall on BenU's campus. This is a great opportunity for students to network with and talk to staff and faculty members who are hiring for on-campus positions within their departments. Get your resume reviewed, and come dressed to impress to land your preferred campus job!
- Internship & Experiential Learning Fair - held in the fall at BenU. Students have the chance to talk to employers about excellent internships, as well as to departments and organizations on and off campus for volunteer and other enriching opportunities.
- Fall Interview Day with ISCPA - held in the fall, every October, primarily for majors in accounting, business, finance, computer science/IT, and math. Candidates will be able to submit their resumes to apply for a variety of internships and full-time positions for the chance to interview for many opportunities in one day!
- "CPEs Present..." - held periodically in the fall and spring. Look for the Career Peer Educators (CPEs) around campus for fun, informative activities at various locations. No pre-registration is necessary, and it's typically a good idea to come hungry!
- CareerFest with ISCPA - held in the spring typically the end of January/beginning of February. This is our largest career fair where Benedictine students and alumni can network with 100+ employers and learn about competitive internship and job opportunities.
- Spring Graduation & Career Fair - held in the spring, typically in April on BenU's campus. Seniors can pick up their cap & gown, graduation tickets, get their picture taken by a professional photographer, and more at the graduation fair. All students can attend the career fair, held in the same space, to network with employers and learn about internship and job opportunities.