FUTURE, WEEKLY, & DAILY EVENTS WITH CAREER DEVELOPMENT, 2015-2016
CareerFest, Friday, January 29, 2016
CareerFest is for ISCPA member schools' students and alumni to make connections, build relationships and explore job and internship opportunities! The event will be held in downtown Naperville, IL at North Central College, Residence Hall/Recreation Center, 440 S. Brainard Street. Register by January 22nd for the reduced fee of $10!
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. for opportunities in the business sector (including non-profits)
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. for opportunities within school districts
$10 check or credit card for early registration at Career Development, Krasa 010 by Jan. 22. Checks may be payable to Benedictine University. Questions? Please contact 630-829-6040 or firstname.lastname@example.org
$20 cash to register on the day of the event
Upload your resume to the College Central Network.
For a list of participating employers click here! To make sure your resume and networking skills are at their best, join us for a workshop in the Career Technology Center, Krasa 010. See the schedule for the first two weeks of classes below.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS, offered daily from 12:30 - 1:20 PM, in the Career Development Technology Center, Krasa 012 (unless otherwise marked). This schedule is subject to change; please check with Career Development staff for potential changes and the most up-to-date schedule. For more information about our workshops click here.
January workshop schedule
Tuesday, Jan. 19th: Writing a Winning Resume
Wednesday, Jan. 20th Writing a Winning Resume
Thursday, Jan. 21st Navigating a Job Fair: Preparing for Career Fest
Friday, Jan. 22nd Writing a Winning Resume
Monday, Jan. 25th Navigating a Job Fair: Preparing for Career Fest
Tuesday, Jan. 26th Writing a Winning Resume
Wednesday, Jan. 27th Navigating a Job Fair: Preparing for Career Fest
Thursday, Jan. 28th Navigating a Job Fair: Preparing for Career Fest
Need assistance with resume or cover letter writing? Curious about any other program or service offered through Career Development? Drop in during our daily walk-in hours, Tuesday through Friday. No appointment is needed during the walk-in periods.
DAILY WALK-IN SCHEDULE:
Spring 2016Monday: 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.Tuesday: 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.Wednesday: 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
See below and stay tuned for more career development related events happening in and around our community!
Executive Status Network
This community networking group meets the first Monday of each month on Benedictine University's campus from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. The Executive Status Network is a job searching networking group. Their members include business professionals from varied backgrounds who are employed or seeking employment. A typical member would be a manager, technical specialist or business professional who is accustomed to leadership responsibilities. The purpose is to enhance job search capabilities by sharing information with other members.
- Serving the Western suburbs for nearly 20 years
- Open to all work disciplines and levels
- Focus on getting participants (unemployed or underemployed) moving in the right direction
- Provide an understanding of today's search tools (elevator speech, handbill, local job clubs and other resources)
For more information and to RSVP for the next event, please email Mr. Allan Larson
, the event facilitator, or call the Career Development office at 630.829.6041.
Looking for more community events to expand your professional network? Download this list
of area job clubs and networking groups. If one looks interesting to you, be sure to call ahead of time as contact information may have changed.
Be sure to join us next time!
Internship and Experiential Learning Fair, October 29, 2015, 11:30-2:30
Looking for an internship
, service learning or study abroad opportunities
? Do you want to stand out
from other candidates? Add internships and volunteering to your resume!WHAT IS EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING?
Learning through experience! Experiential learning is a process through which students develop skills and understand their values from experiences outside a traditional classroom setting. Our goal is to promote personal and professional development by utilizing a holistic approach including experiential learning, and educate through the career planning process by encompassing a variety of activities such as internships, job shadowing, informational interviews, service learning, research, study abroad, and other creative and professional work experiences.
Attend the Internship and Experiential Learning Fair on Thursday, October 29th from 11:30 - 2:30 p.m. in Krasa ABC and D to see all of the variety of opportunities available to you.WHAT IS NEEDED?
1. RSVP in the Benedictine Virtual Career Center for the event.2. Show up with your best smile, a strong, firm handshake and lots of copies of your resume.3. Ask lots of questions!4. Upload your resume in the Benedictine Virtual Career Center for review and critiquing from a career advisor before the event. You can print several copies of these approved resumes and bring to the event to prospective employers and organizations! Create a profile in our Benedictine Virtual Career Center (BVCC) it's quick and free! Already have an account setup with us? Great! Click onto the Career Events, Workshops & Webinars tab (top right on your announcement homepage in the BVCC to register for this free event. EMPLOYERS Looking for interns and/or volunteers? Want to meet lots of potential candidates all at once? Create a profile in our Benedictine Virtual Career Center (BVCC) it's quick and free! Already have an account set up with us? Great! Click onto the Career Events, Workshops & Webinars tab (top right on your announcement homepage in the BVCC to register for this free event.
BVCC Employer registration/login click here
BVCC Student & Alumni registration/login click here
To view more of our past events click here.