Start a New Student Organization or Club
If you don’t see an organization or club that speaks to your interests, you can petition to start a new organization within the first six weeks of each semester.
Student Organization Proposal Process
- Fill out the form below with basic information about your proposed organization.
- The coordinator of Student Involvement will contact you to set up an in-person meeting about your proposal and guide you through the next steps.
- Submit to the Office of Student Activities and Leadership Development the following application components:
- A draft of the organization’s constitution and mission statement;
- A Student Organizations Registration form;
- The name and contact information of a faculty or staff member who has agreed to take on the responsibility of being the advisor for the organization;
- A petition with the names and contact information of interested students.
- If the submitted information is found to be incomplete, the coordinator of Student Involvement will contact you to submit additional materials in a timely fashion. You will receive an electronic confirmation once all application components are confirmed as complete and have been forwarded to the Student Senate’s Internal Affairs Committee for review.
- You will be requested to send a representative of the organization to a Student Senate meeting who will provide a brief overview of the proposed organization to the Student Senate Executive Board.
- Once the Executive Board makes the final decision, the coordinator of Student Involvement will notify you electronically and provide a list of the privileges and responsibilities of being an official Benedictine University student organization. Please note that recognition may be revoked for failure to submit a registration form when required to do so, failure to maintain five undergraduate members and other violations.
Student Organization Proposal Form