Bridge to Success Program
For more information please call 630-829-6340.
Our Bridge to Success Program offers first-semester students an opportunity to get their Benedictine career off to an excellent start. There are many opportunities in many areas important for success:
- academic assistance in writing
expectations of college writing are explored
avoiding plagiarism is reviewed and emphasized
practice essay with tutoring provided
- academic assistance in math
- expectations of college math are explored
- preparation for the math placement exam is provided
- introduction to college study skills
- time management and life balance are emphasized
- test taking and note taking tips are provided
- sessions with members of the Career Development Center staff
- development of a resume which is necessary for on-campus employment
- introduction to employer expectations
- training in the importance of leadership
- introduction to the many clubs available on campus
- social opportunities
- established friendships make the first months away from home easier
- many friendships established in the Bridge to Success Program flourish throughout students' Benedictine careers
- intense orientation to the campus
- participants are introduced to the bookstore, library, BenUnion, and other important places
- other first-semester students depend on Bridge to Success participants to know their way around campus
2014 Sessions are Scheduled:
Feedback from Past Participants:
"The Bridge to Success Program has taught me a lot about myself and Benedictine University."
"The new information I have received [in the Bridge to Success Program] will benefit me now, my freshman year, and for all the years to come."
"[The Bridge to Success Program] was very valuable academically in many different important areas and has helped to make the transition to college better."
"The Bridge to Success Program was the best thing that I could have done to start my academic college career."