Our students represent a diverse spectrum of working professionals seeking to grow academically, personally and professionally. We offer a breadth of program options specifically designed for adult learners to develop essential problem-solving and critical thinking skills beyond specific discipline content.
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction." --Proverbs 1:7
Adult and Professional Ministries at Benedictine University is a new area of ministry and we are excited to address the largest growing sector of our student body.
Adult and Professional Ministries includes ministries that have four main focuses:
1. To explain why adults need to know about faith and the Benedictine Tradition.
2. To help adults learn through experience.
3. To approach spirituality through the focus of solving the problem that life needs to be lived in balance.
4. To give adults ministry that has an immediate value and impact on their lives.
We hope that you will find these pages self directed, allowing you to accumulate experiences from which you can draw to enhance any role you find yourself in, be it professional, spouse, parent, or a single adult who is looking for a deeper experience of God.
How to Begin
Please look at the menu of exploration on the left of this page. It includes four areas of spiritual development.
1. Inspiration: Being moved to action and change in your life.
2. Instruction: Teaching you how to do something.
3. Devotion: Giving you experiences that express your love for God.
4. Service: Giving you opportunities to actively live your faith in service to others.
Thank you for visiting the Adult and Professional Ministries page of Benedictine University. If you should have suggestions, please be sure to visit our suggestion box in the menu. We are always glad to listen and hope you will let us know what you think.
Catholic Faith. Welcoming Spirit.