Accommodations require documentation to support the need for services. In order for Benedictine University to provide services, students must adhere to specific instructions as stated from these forms.Please refer to these guidelines to document any academic needs as well as special meal and housing requests.
- Please complete the Accommodations Services Request Form.
- Please see the Policy to Request Accommodations to document specific conditions which require accommodation. Your clinical professional must be as thorough as possible when describing the impact of your condition on any accessibility needs. Please ask your clinical professional to submit documentation on letterhead paper or complete the Verification Form (Sept 2020).
- Submit your forms. Your documents will be evaluated by our Accommodations Review Team.
- Students will be notified of the decision by the Accommodations Review Team. If approved, students need to request and pick up their Student Accommodations Academic Approval (SAAA) form for the courses in which they will be using accommodations from ACE. If the request is denied, the student will be advised about further information that may be needed or the student can contact ACE to be informed about the appeal process.
- Students should discuss accommodations with their instructors using their SAAA forms. The instructor and student should sign the form and the student must return the form to ACE. If questions arise regarding accommodations or their implementation, please contact ACE at email@example.com or 630-829-6041.
Some common accommodations:
Audio recorders are available for checkout in Goodwin 214. Please make sure you receive the Use of Electronic Device in the Classroom Contract allowing use of your recorder. If you need alternate book formats, please submit your textbook list to ACE. Submit your Request for Alternate Text Format (include author, title, edition, publisher, and ISBN.)
A note taker will be identified for the course(s) in which you would like to receive notes. All notes will be provided to students through their Benedictine University e-mail account.