Preston Aldrich, Ph.D.
- Network and Systems Biology; DNA Linguistics; Plant Molecular Ecology; Scientometrics and Philosophy of Science, Wittgenstein
- Hyperbolic manifolds, Kleinian groups, topology, and the teaching and learning of undergraduate mathematics
Pedro Del Corral
- Primary: Endocrinology and energy metabolism at rest.
Secondary: Endocrinology and energy metabolism during exercise; Preventive Medicine.
Current: Endocrinology and energy metabolism in humans with particular reference to exercise. Within this context, most interested in the HPA-axis as well as in substrate utilization and energy balance in health and disease populations (i.e., diabetes, obesity, adrenal disorders).
- Math biology, including ecological problems with financial analogs and epidemiology
- Organophosphate ester synthesis; chemistry of rabbit muscle aldolase
- Plant-insect interactions, behavioral and chemical ecology, butterflies and other insects
- Biostatistics; Illinois Tallgrass Prairies
- Functional analysis, operator theory and cyptology; use of technology in mathematics education
- Radiation chemistry, spectroscopy, photophysics, electron-transfer processes, chemical and physical properties of water
- Reproductive and developmental biology; integration of science with religion and the humanities
- Making molecules through organic transformations that incorporate the use of environmentally-benign organic catalysts
- Evolution of human speech and language; growth and development of the primate and hominin skull, geometric morphometrics; comparative methods and primate life history
- Mixture Modeling, Functional Data Analysis, and Computational Statistics
- paleobiology; comparative paleoecology; body size evolution and macroecology; morphometrics; marine invertebrates
Tiara Peres Morales
-Bacterial cell-cell communication, protein-peptide interactions, microbial genetics and pathogenesis.
- The development of electrochemical biosensors for clinical, industrial and environmental applications. Studying the immobilization strategies for the biorecognition components such as enzymes in biosensors
Robin Pals Rylaarsdam
- Molecular Pharmacology; G-protein Coupled Receptor Signaling Pathways in Disease; Evolution and Evangelicals
- My research interests are to elucidate, at a molecular level, the processes that modulate ion transport across epithelial cells
Lee Ann Smith
- Aging, Genomics and Bioinformatics, Drosophila, RNA Processing
Kari Stone, Ph.D.
- Bioinorganic Chemistry, Redox-Active Ligands, Nitrogen Group Transfer, Catalysis
- Microbial ecology
- Dynamical systems, chaos theory, and quantitative literacy; In the past he has worked with the NASA-JOVE program on mathematical modeling of solid-state laser systems and their application to remote sensing.
- Scanning Probe Microscopy, Optical Tweezers, Physics Education, Outreach
- Cellular Physiology of Environmental Estrogens on Bone Cells
- Computational Group Theory, Graph Theory, Number Theory and the use of technology in the classroom