March 5, 2020 | Campus Communication
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
At this time, the coronavirus (COVID-19) is a low risk for members of the community in the Lisle suburbs, if you have not traveled abroad in the last two weeks. However, regular flu season precautions are always a good idea. Please see the following guidelines if you are sick or if you are healthy.
- Please stay home until you are 24 hours symptom free if you are ill with:
- a fever, sore throat, chills, cough, extreme fatigue, vomiting/diarrhea/nausea,
- Coronavirus: If you are ill with a fever and a cough or shortness of breath and have been traveling abroad in the last two weeks, or have been in contact with someone who has been traveling abroad in the last two weeks, please contact the local health department at 1-800-889-3931 regarding possible testing for COVID-19. Early detection and treatment of respiratory symptoms can be extremely important to recovery.
- If you are ill with any of these symptoms for more than a few days or if your symptoms are getting worse, please contact your doctor or go to urgent care.
- With any illness, please alert your professors and the Dean of Students as soon as you are able to discuss alternate lesson plans.
- Faculty and staff should contact their supervisor to make appropriate arrangements should they need to miss work for any illness.
- If you are healthy, getting a flu shot, washing your hands regularly, avoiding touching your face, and covering your cough or sneeze then washing your hands are great ways to stay healthy. Sanitizing regular items like cell phones and laptops are also helpful.
We encourage everyone to keep an eye on the CDC’s website for the most up-to-date information. If you have questions about Coronavirus, you can also call the Illinois Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Hotline at (800) 889-3931 or send an email to DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our pandemic task force on campus is closely monitoring the situation as it unfolds and preparing our campus and our faculty and staff to respond quickly to any change in the situation. Please contact the Dean of Students if you need any assistance at any time.