Welcome to Academic Technology! Our mission is to support the university community by identifying, developing, implementing, and supporting a variety of innovative technology for the enrichment of the academic experience at Benedictine Univeristy.
We provide technology services and support to faculty, staff, and students for teaching and learning in both the physical and online teaching environments. We also support administrative technology and events on campus.
The five functional areas of AT include:
- Maintains and support all equipment in the university classrooms.
- Supports video and web-conferencing for distance education.
- Responsible for classroom related multimedia services including the delivery of multimedia content and the recording of classroom content.
Media & Equipment Checkout
- Provides a wide range of audio/visual equipment, computers and accessories.
Media & Event Production
- Provides professional production services. Specializes in photography, videography, editing, new media production and faculty consulting.
- Provides technology for university and administrative functions and events on campus.
- Supports and enhances faculty teaching by researching and evaluating new trends in educational technologies.
- Partners closely with the CTLE to help faculty improve teaching and learning through the effective application of technology. Personal assistance is provided for in-class instruction and online learning.
- Responsible for training and documentation, policies and procedures on all instructional technologies: Clickers, Adobe products, Video streaming/conferencing, etc.
Online Teaching and Learning Technology
- Implements, administers and supports the software needed for online teaching and learning.
- Oversees the Brightspace Learning Management System.
Our offices are located in Kindlon and Birck Hall. Anyone interested in a consultation should open a Help Desk ticket or call (630) 829-6610.