Need Academic Help?
Are you struggling in class? Are you studying constantly
but not seeing an improvement in your grades? Well, now is the time to ask for
help and use the resources on campus. Remember that the Student Success Center
offers Workshops for study skills as well as Math and Writing. They also give
you a chance to sit down for peer to peer tutoring.
Now is the time to ask for help:
Make this semester great!
Statement on Academic Advising
At Benedictine University academic advising is grounded in Benedictine values and the University mission. It is an interactive process between the advisor and student and is supported by technology. The goal is to promote each student's academic, career and personal development.
Faculty and staff are committed to creating a decision-making framework through which students can identify and realize their educational goals. Although academic advising is a collaborative function of both student and advisor, the final responsibility for satisfying University and major requirements rests with the student.
The student actively participates in the educational decision-making process.
- Become knowledgeable of all the University's academic requirements, policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain a plan for a course of study
- Keep an accurate record of academic activities and documents
- Value the role of the advisor by preparing for and keeping advising appointments
- Initiate and maintain open and honest communication with the advisor
- Access additional University resources to facilitate the decision-making process
- The advisor listens to and guides the student through the educational decision-making process.
- Foster the student's sense of responsibility for his/her academic progress
- Help the student obtain accurate information about educational and career options, academic requirements, policies and procedures
- Help the student plan and monitor an educational program consistent with individual interests and abilities
- Assist the student in maintaining an accurate record of course registrations and completions
- Be available on a scheduled basis for academic consultation and advice
- Refer the student to appropriate University resources