FUTURE, WEEKLY, & DAILY EVENTS WITH CAREER DEVELOPMENT, 2015-2016
Fall Interview Day
Upload your resume to be reviewed, revised, and approved by 12:00 P.M. on Friday, September 23, 2016. Application period beings on September 12!
Accounting, Finance, Business, Math,
Computer Science/IT Majors
Fall Interview Day will take place Wednesday, October 12th 8:45 A.M. - 4:45 P.M. Ashton Place, 341 75th Street Willowbrook, IL
TO SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST FOR ENTRY
2. Review all positions carefully and apply/submit your approved resume only to those you would accept if the position were offered to you. You must submit a resume to each position in which you have an interest.
3. Candidates will be notified of interview selection status.
Need help with your resume? Come to one of these interactive workshops!
- Monday, September 12, 12:30 - 1:20 P.M., Goodwin Hall 216
- Wednesday, September 14, 12:30 - 1:20 P.M., Goodwin Hall 216
- Monday, September 19, 12:30 - 1:20 P.M., Goodwin Hall 216
- Tuesday, September 20, 12:30 - 1:20 P.M., Goodwin Hall 216
- Wednesday, September 21, 12:30 - 1:20 P.M., Goodwin Hall 216
Need assistance with resume or cover letter writing? Curious about any other program or service offered through Career Development? Drop in during our daily walk-in hours, Monday through Friday. No appointment is needed during the walk-in periods.
DAILY WALK-IN SCHEDULE:
Looking for a job or a change to get in front of a wide range of employers? Get some one on one time with employers by check here for to see what employers will be coming to campus and the opportunities they will be offering!
October 3rd in Krasa Center second floor from 11 am to 1:30 pm Target will be recruiting for seasonal hiring, internships and full-time management positions.
October 5th in the Krasa Center second floor from 11 am to 1:30 pm Express Employment Professional will be recruiting for part-time opportunities and HR related positions
See below and stay tuned for more career development related events happening in and around our community!
Executive Status Network
This community networking group meets the first Monday of each month on Benedictine University's campus from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. The Executive Status Network is a job searching networking group. Their members include business professionals from varied backgrounds who are employed or seeking employment. A typical member would be a manager, technical specialist or business professional who is accustomed to leadership responsibilities. The purpose is to enhance job search capabilities by sharing information with other members.
- Serving the Western suburbs for nearly 20 years
- Open to all work disciplines and levels
- Focus on getting participants (unemployed or underemployed) moving in the right direction
- Provide an understanding of today's search tools (elevator speech, handbill, local job clubs and other resources)
For more information and to RSVP for the next event, please email Mr. Allan Larson
, the event facilitator, or call the Career Development office at 630.829.6041.
Looking for more community events to expand your professional network? Download this list
of area job clubs and networking groups. If one looks interesting to you, be sure to call ahead of time as contact information may have changed.
Be sure to join us the next time we offer these great opportunities, and stay tuned for more details on...
- Student Employment Fair - held in the fall on BenU's campus. This is a great opportunity for students to network with and talk to staff and faculty members who are hiring for on-campus positions within their departments. Get your resume reviewed, and come dressed to impress to land your preferred campus job!
- Internship & Experiential Learning Fair - held in the fall at BenU. Students have the chance to talk to employers about excellent internships, as well as to departments and organizations on and off campus for volunteer and other enriching opportunities.
- Fall Interview Day with ISCPA - held in the fall, every October, primarily for majors in accounting, business, finance, computer science/IT, and math. Candidates will be able to submit their resumes to apply for a variety of internships and full-time positions for the chance to interview for many opportunities in one day!
- "CPEs Present..." - held periodically in the fall and spring. Look for the Career Peer Educators (CPEs) around campus for fun, informative activities at various locations. No pre-registration is necessary, and it's typically a good idea to come hungry!
- CareerFest with ISCPA - held in the spring typically the end of January/beginning of February. This is our largest career fair where Benedictine students and alumni can network with 100+ employers and learn about competitive internship and job opportunities.
- Spring Graduation & Career Fair - held in the spring, typically in April on BenU's campus. Seniors can pick up their cap & gown, graduation tickets, get their picture taken by a professional photographer, and more at the graduation fair. All students can attend the career fair, held in the same space, to network with employers and learn about internship and job opportunities.