Students can access the housing application through the Housing Application Portal by logging in with their student ID number and password.
Returning students and incoming transfer students intending to reside on campus must make a $100 housing security deposit. The housing security deposit for incoming freshman students is covered by their enrollment deposit.
Benedictine University has a First-Year On-Campus Requirement for all students under the age of 21 (as of the first day of classes of their entering semester), which requires all first-year students to live in university housing for a minimum of two consecutive semesters. This policy is based upon the university's belief in the importance of the educational benefits in community living, group discipline and the opportunity for relationships with faculty and staff members that campus housing provides.
A student may request an exception to Benedictine University's First-Year Residency Requirement based upon one of the following:
· Student is married;
· Student is a veteran (a copy of the DD-214 is required)
· Student is the primary caretaker of dependent children;
· Student is a transfer student with 12 or more earned hours of coursework;
· Student is taking only online coursework;
· Student is taking fewer than seven semester hours of Benedictine University’s academic credit;
· Student is strictly a dual enrollment student;
· Student is having unique hardship, including but not limited to students with disabilities that cannot be reasonably accommodated in student housing.
Any request for an exemption must be made in writing to the Residence Life at least 30 days prior to the start of the semester in which the student intends to enroll.
Housing application questions may be directed to Karl Constant at (630) 829-6604 or email@example.com or Luba Baranivsky at (630) 829-6124 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Students may also stop by Room 175 in the Krasa Student Center for more information.