Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates →

Please click here for the latest information regarding Benedictine University's response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.

Forms and Immunization Requirements



Student Health Requirements

All information must be complete and on file with Student Health Services by the first day of a student’s first semester classes. Failure to meet this requirement will result in a Health Hold on your account. The Health Hold will be applied on the tenth day of class and will prevent students from adding classes to their schedule or registering for another term.

Important - due to security and privacy concerns, immunization records sent as email attachments will not be accepted; the email will be immediately deleted without opening and your immunization records will still be listed as incomplete.

  1. Prior to the start of classes for the semester, all students must submit a Student Health Service Form and Immunization Record. This is a two-step process: Submit the health form and then submit the immunization record. Failure to submit the form may result in having a Health Hold placed on your account.
  2. Select the correct form on the left. Complete the form and upload your immunization records.
Student Athletes

The Student Health Services Health Form and health records requirements are separate from the athletic forms. We do not share medical records with the athletic trainers. Please make sure you complete the Student Health Services Health Form.  Submit the health form and your  immunization record directly to STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES electronically, or by fax to 630-829-6035 or through the U.S. post, or in person.


Contact Student Health Services at (630) 829-6046 to request a copy of your immunization record. The office is open 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday during the academic year.

Immunization Requirements

Students are not required to have a physical exam. However, Illinois law mandates all incoming students born after 1956 show documented proof of immunity to measles, rubella, mumps and tetanus/diphtheria and have verified documentation of their immunization history on file in the Student Health Services office. Please provide the month, day and year for each dose administered. If you have no verification of your immunization history, you will need to complete a new series of injections from your family doctor or health clinic. All international students should make every effort to obtain this medical history before coming to the U.S.  In addition, international students are required to have a Tuberculosis (Tb) blood test  6 months prior to their arrival.  The preferred Tuberculosis test is the QuantiFeron Gold.

For information on the required immunizations and Flu Vaccination:
Locating Immunization Records

Immunizations are frequently needed for college entry or other post-high school training, future employment or international travel. If you are unable to obtain a copy of your immunizations, you may have to repeat vaccine doses or have blood drawn to test for immunity for certain diseases.

Some places to check for records:
  • Previous health care providers including public health departments
  • Your home
  • Schools or other four-year colleges
  • Previous employers including the military

Current Students:

You may obtain a copy of your immunization record by logging into My BenU. Go to “Self Service, Campus Personal Information, Immunization Report” and print.


Use the Immunization Records Upload for all files including test results and any other requested medical files.

Student Health Services

Pam Deely, BSN, RN
Director of Student Health Services

Susan Salerno, BSN, RN
Nurse/Program Coordinator

Krasa Center 116
(630) 829-6046